y Kenya Confidential correspondent, Ngong’ – February 20, 2021
The Ngong Lands office closed in October, 2020 owing to corrupt practises that had become endemic and greatly affected and hampered service delivery is set to reopen soon.
Public lavatories will be put up as soon as possible depending on availability of funds, but that will not hold up the reopening.
The service bay under construction.The roof and front age of the old registry building will be demolished tomerge with the service bay area. Expected completion in a week’s time.
The land records in a heap. The inside of are furbished container where the arranged files are being moved to new office
Land Brokers had infiltrated the system and land registry staff aided and abetted in the problem as a massive corruption haven. This shall be actively discouraged.
All Advocates are urged to adhere to lawfulprocedures and transparency in all their conveyances and dealings with the land registry. The Land Registrar will ensure to set up an efficient and accountable management of work within the land registry. Members of thepublic shall be served from the service lobby.
Special Boards were a creation of emergency cases rather than the law and the land control board was urgedto have meetings in line with the law as the Special boards have been abused and have given rise to numerous fraudulent transactions.
Parties to transactions to appear before the land control board.
Advocates having a word with the Kajiado County Executive Member for Lands
Some land records that should be at Kajiado Land Registry were traced in the Kajiado North Land Registry and are being repatriated. The Land Registers (Binders) and parcel files that have been sorted and awaiting storage in the newly furnished storage shelves.
Plans are under way to set up an office in Kajiado West (Kisamis) and Kajiado South (Oloitoktok) to ease pressure from the 2 existing land registries and also bring services closer to the consumers.
Proposed changes on reopening of the Ngong Land Registry
- Any visitor to the Lands registry will be expected to park outside the gate.
- There will be awaiting lobby.
- The registry will provide tokens for attendance at the registry.
- Sequential movement of documents once the same are lodged.
- After digitising the Ardhi House land recordsit is expected that the same shall be moved to the metropolitan Land Registries including Ngong’ and Kajiado registries.
- Proper preparation of documents before lodging of the same, Advocates are urged to indicate contact details of the parties and the Advocates such as telephone. Numbers and emails. Advocates will be required to attach the latest practising Certificate along with the lodged documents.
- The Land Control Baord shall have a list of applications before them prepared in advance and pinned in a public and prominent location.
Way for ward
There shall be a meeting of Key stake holders in Kajiado, the organisers will inform us in advance.
Another visit is planned for the last week of February, 2021 to assess the state of preparedness and resumption of work.
All parties are in agreement that it is now a matter of urgency that the Kajiado North(Ngong) Land Registry bereopened to serve the long suffering and patient public.The registry should be reopened not later than the 1stday of March 2021. Any works not completed by then can be undertaken during off hours.