By Blamuel Njururi, Kenya Confidential Editor-in-Chief, Nairobi October 22, 2017
Our Sermon today expounds on an important message by Pope Francis, the head of the Catholic Church on the Place of Forgiveness in our lives that describes those who do not forgive as physically, emotionally and spiritually ill.
Pope Francis recently observed, “There is no perfect family. We do not have perfect parents, we are not perfect, we do not marry a perfect person or have perfect children. No country has perfect people.
We have complaints from each other. We disappoint each other. So there is no healthy marriage or healthy family without the exercise of forgiveness.
Forgiveness is vital to our emotional health and spiritual survival.
Without forgiveness the family and a country becomes an arena of conflict and a stronghold of hurt.
Without forgiveness, the family or country becomes ill. Forgiveness is the a sepsis of the soul, the cleansing of the mind and the liberation of the heart.
Whoever does not forgive does not have peace in the soul nor communion with God.
Hurt is poison that intoxicates and kills. Keeping heartache in the heart is a self-destructive gesture. It’s autophagy.
Those who do not forgive are physically, emotionally and spiritually ill.
That is why the family and a country must be a place of life, not of death; Territory of cure and not of illness; Stage of forgiveness and not guilt.
Forgiveness brings joy where sorrow has produced sadness; Healing, where sorrow has caused disease.”
How Modest are You in Life?
- No matter how beautiful and handsome you’re just remember Baboons and Gorillas also attract tourists – Stop Boasting.
- No matter how big and strong you are, you will not carry yourself to your Grave -Be Humble.
- No matter how tall you are, you can never see tomorrow – Be Patient.
- No matter how light-skinned you are, you will always need light in Darkness – Take Caution.
- No matter how rich and many Cars you drive, you will always Walk to Bed – Be Contented, Take Life Easy, Life is short.
Did you know?
Simple every day spoken words describe IMPORTANT values in LIFE with the same number of letters.
- CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE.
- BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN.
- DEAD has 4 letters so does LIFE.
- HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE.
- NASTY has 5 letters as is SWEET
- ENEMIES has 7 letters, so does FRIENDS.
- LYING has 5 letters, so does TRUTH.
- HURT has 4 letters, so does HEAL.
- NEGATIVE has 8 letters, so does POSITIVE.
- FAILURE has 7 letters, so does SUCCESS.
- BELOW has 5 letters, so does ABOVE.
- CRY has 3 letters so does JOY.
- ANGER has 5 letters, so does HAPPY.
- WRONG has 5 letters, so does RIGHT.
- POOR has 4 letters, so does RICH.
- FAIL has 4 letters, so does PASS.
- IGNORANCE has 9 letters, so does KNOWLEDGE.
- BLACK has 5 letters so does WHITE
- EVIL has 4 letters so does GOOD
- SATAN has 5 letters as had JESUS
- CALLOUS has 7 letters as has LENIENT
- UNFAITHFUL has 10 letters as does BELIEVABLE
- MEAN has 4 letters so does KIND
- LOSS has for letters as has GAIN, and lastly,
- CORRUPTION has 10 letters as has DISHONESTY.
All this is not a COINCIDENCE, it means LIFE is a double-edged sword.
If you think it is your phone or clock alarm that wakes you up every morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is by the Grace of God that you wake up.
Ask yourself how you continue to breath so that you don’t die at night while your brain is asleep and when you wake you don’t remember to thank God. In fact some mischievously say there is no God, yet they cannot explain the source of Oxygen they breath from their birth to death.
In Life we MUST choose wisely whether to be guided by the words on the left side of the 20 sentences above or those finishing the sentences on your right – except the TOP two relating to your religion.
Unforgiving minds are guided by the words on the left and as Pope Francis points out they are physically, emotionally and spiritually ill.
Forgiveness is about how God forgive us, but also about how we forgive each other. Forgiving can be hard, when someone hurt us. To help you this post presents ten Bible verses speaking of forgiveness.
Peter said to them, “Each one of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven; and you will receive God’s gift, the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)
But if we confess our sins to God, he will keep his promise and do what is right: he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing. (1 John 1:9)
Get rid of all bitterness, passion, and anger over August and October elections. No more shouting or insults, no more hateful feelings of any sort. Instead, be kind and tender-hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God has forgiven you through Christ. (Ephesians 4:31-32)
If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive the wrongs you have done. (Matthew 6:14-15).